Monday, November 18, 2013

VAMOS A ROATAN





 The first awesome vacation spot I'm going to tell you all about is Roatan, Honduras.  Roatan is the largest of Honduras' Bay Islands.  Roatan is located near the largest barrier reef in the Caribbean Sea, the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef.  The island is a popular cruise ship destination and largely known for it's scuba diving.  So what can you do on Roatan? MUCHAS COSAS! MANY THINGS!  The town of West End is the main strip of the island and also the island's main tourist hub.  West End has tons of restaurants and bars, if you're into having a good time at night! It is also famous for having the world famous West Bay Beach.  Many of the large resorts are located in West End.  I'm sure you're wondering what kind of activities you can do on Roa, well I'll list them out for you!

  • diving, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, eco-tourism, ziplining, sport fishing, and glass bottom boat tours.
You can also take a boat charter (available weekly) to Cayos Cochinos and Utila which are other islands located in Honduras' Bay Islands.  I have done this! I took a boat from La Ceiba to Cayos Cochinos and went snorkeling and exploring through the jungle (See photos below!)  

My family and I are going to Roatan for Christmas.  We used VRBO to rent a place to stay and are using several of the local tourist companies to book activities! I'm going to swim with dolphins SO EXCITED.  If you decide to follow this blog, I'll update it when I go to Roa! 

Cruise to Roatan! 
Here are some helpful websites:
www.westbaytours.com
Take a cruise to Roatan! Click Here
VRBO Roatan
Anthony's Key Resort Roatan
Trip Advisor Roatan

Swim with Dolphins!







The BEAUTIFUL islands of Cayos Cochinos!!!
Crystal blue water, to die for. 


Jungle adventures, catching wild snakes!
My friend, holding the snake! Que loca! 



No comments:

Post a Comment